My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 23, 2017

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!


Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

I hope you are all ready for a day of overeating and spending time with those you love.  I plan to do both!  I will go to my daughter's for dinner and am taking a recipe I found on Facebook, of all places. Both she & my grandson, Josh ADORE pumpkin anything so this sounded like the perfect desert.  I just finished making it & sampled all the layers, of course.  It's unbelievable!!  I will include it here for anyone who loves pumpkin.

PUMPKIN LASAGNA

INGREDIENTS:

2 rows of Golden Oreos + 2 rows of Pumpkin Oreos (or crushed gingersnaps)
8 TB unsalted butter, melted
1 8 oz PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese (softened)
1/2 cup butter
 1 cup powdered sugar
1 large container cool whip (16 oz) divided
2- 3.4 oz. packages of pumpkin instant pudding
3 cups milk
white chocolate bar (to make curls)

INSTRUCTIONS

1.  Begin by crushing your Oreos. For a very fine mixture, place in your food processor. Place in a ziploc baggie & add melted butter. Mix until it is well coated.
2.  Press into the bottom of a 9 X 13 pan spreading out to cover the entire bottom of the pan.
3. In a medium bowl, blend cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and 1/2 of the cool whip. Blend well & pour over your Oreo crust.
4. In another bowl, make your pudding by adding your milk to the bowl & instant pudding. Whisk together until pudding thickens. Pour over the cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for at least 5 minutes.
5. Top off with  the rest of your cool whip.  Add white chocolate shavings.
6. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.  ENJOY!



I discovered that Target is the only place I found the pumpkin oreos & they only carry them around Halloween.  You may have to use gingersnaps if you can't find them.

When I count my blessings, I count all the wonderful friends I have met over the years because of this blog.  You are the most wonderful, caring people in the world & I treasure each & every one of you!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a day late, but Happy Thanksgiving, Sherri! OMG, this sounds amazing! I made pumpkin bread on Wednesday and was thinking how much it tasted like gingerbread, so the gingersnaps would probably work perfectly. We don't have a target here. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete