My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

The dreaded guy cards!

Hello, gals!

Here is a quick way to do a guy card for your favorite guy if he is into tools....and what man isn't?
The stamp set was from Flourishes and had lots of "fillers" for the coffee cups they gave you. I grabbed the tools because I knew I had some tool dies to go with it.


I grabbed this handy Die Versions Corner Concept Happy Birthday die as well.  It's the perfect way to say happy birthday without having to actually stamp it on your image.  I had actually forgotten about it for awhile & when I was pulling out cards for my donation box I saw another card I had made using it & fell in love with it all over again.  That will be obvious once you see how many times I used it on the cards I will be sharing! ha ha!  It's a quick way to add some extra pazazz to any card.

I stamped the mug on the same paper I used for my background, cut a slit in the top & inserted the tools I had colored & fussy cut into it.  Yes, I'm one of the weird people who actually enjoy fussy cutting!

I'll be back tomorrow with some cute mice!
Hugs,
Sherri

3 comments:

  1. Awesome guy card Sherri! Love the tools in the cup! Great dies, too!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this set but don't have it anymore. The big purge, you know. I did always fussy cut the stuff for inside the cup, too, and I'm one of those weird people who like to fussy cut. I love the look! The paper pieced cup is cute. Now you've made me fall in love with another die, as well. That corner sentiment is a great way to dress up a card but still keep it simple. I'm loving simple these days. Just give me space for a colored image and a little bit of simple die cutting and I'm happy. The tool dies are the perfect finish. Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful male card Sherri! fantastic stamp and love the layout.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete