My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 6, 2016

If at first you don't succeed......

Hello, everyone!

I guess we have all heard the saying "If at first, you don't succeed....try, try again!"  Well, that is exactly what I did yesterday!  I had visited one of my favorite digi sites, "A Day for Daisies" and found this darling little raccoon.  I printed him out several times & sat down to color him.  My first attempt was using my Prismacolor pencils & Gamsol.  Although it was passable, it wasn't exactly what I was hoping for so I grabbed another one & did it with my alcohol markers.  A little better, but still not great.  So, I decided to pull out some of my Twinkling H2o's and do one in watercolor. Truthfully, I wasn't all that happy with it either, but at that point I had 3 images made up & ready to be made into cards so I printed out a sentiment for each and forged ahead.  I made some cute "sunflowers" with Die-namics Upsey-Daisies & grabbed some of my precious stack of gingham.

This was my first attempt with the pencils...


This was attempt #2 with markers...


This was the last attempt with the Twinkling H2o's.......


Have you ever had a day where you just couldn't get that look you were after?  It's so frustrating!
But, at least I got 3 cards done!

Hope you are having a fantastic weekend!  I'm meeting friends for lunch & we are stamping after! Yea!!!!!!  Food, fun & friends....what more could you ask for!

Catch you later!
Sherri

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, Sherri, I think all of your coloring looks fantastic! Each has it's own look. You're as good with the Prismas and Twinks as you are with the alcohol markers. Twinks can be tricky. I've been thinking a lot about my Twinks lately. I have a ton of them and they last forever. Now, about that image... that's one of the cutest digis I've seen in forever! So perfect for late summer/early fall. Love the flowers you added, too. You got me again -- I just want to go color, but it's garden watering day, plus a few other chores out there. Hoping the wind doesn't get ridiculous again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this little guy. How could you not just love each one of these? You are being far to critical because foxy just couldn't be sweeter!!! In real life also!

    ReplyDelete