My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Cleaning Day

Hi, again!

I have to start out with a confession.  I had planned to spend yesterday working on Valentines.  I actually did make a quick one before I decided I had to stop & rearrange my whole room.  While I am lucky enough to have a whole room I can use for my craft room, it is a dormer.  A very SMALL dormer! ha ha So trying to cram all my craft supplies into it can get tricky & often leads to it looking really cramped. You just get to that point when you can't stand it & know you need to try another arrangement. Yesterday was that day. It took me all day, but it was worth it.  I feel more organized, and certainly gained a tiny bit of room too.

This is the view as you climb to the top of the stairs. On the left is my computer desk (and Brady's chair). 

A
A closer look. I keep my markers and pencils handy at all times. 
 This is the row of cubes to the right of my craft desk. There is a row of cubes across from these on the other side of the aisle leading to the guest bed. These hold all my rubber stamps and some of my punches. The overflow & dies are on top. Everything is labeled. I keep stamps by category..Xmas images, Xmas Sentiments, Halloween, Thank You, Get Well, etc. etc.
 It's a little easier for you to see that there actually IS a bed at the other end of the room. If you look really closely, you can see a black shape on top of the bed.  That would be Mr. Brady taking his afternoon siesta!
On the left as you come up the stairs, more storage, my tv, more stamps & computer desk. The huge baskets looking like they are overflowing are Martha Stewart punches that won't fit into the cubes. I think she at least owes me a weekend at her mansion for all the punches I've bought, don't you!  ha ha

More paper storage.  I "may" have a paper problem too!  It's been rumored......just saying! ha ha

Ok, this has to be the world record for longest posting!  I almost forgot the Valentine!  This was a quick one. Nothing colored, just lots of great dies.  Started with the lace from Heartfelt Creations, added a solid white from Spellbinders, the row of hearts from Memory Box, a large heart from Cheery Lynn, the red heart from Joy Crafts and a tiny heart from a Martha Stewart punch. I popped the hearts up with pop dots.

Whew! I'm winded from this huge post!  Tomorrow I hope to get back to some coloring!

Catch you later!
Sherri

5 comments:

  1. Oh, my, you really do have a lot of stuff! The punches -- whew! Are you bumping your head on the ceiling all the time. I've had dormer rooms before and that always happened to me. Hey, I see two chairs there. Can I come over and color sometime? I have those very same curtains in my bedroom. My room is pretty small, too, and that's why I have to keep it tidy and organized. I've been stamping like crazy since I cleaned it up. It's so much more inviting and much easier to work in. Don't you just love it? Oh, darling Valentine, too -- from the Queen of Dies (and punches, little did I know)! I loved seeing your stamp room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri, I love the Valentine. Gorgeous. I think your correct, that Martha should let you spend the weekend, and you could sneak me in too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a lot of stuff Sherri, but the only think I have from this card is the center heart punch! lol Gorgeous card and so 'you'! How fun to see where you 'live'! lol I'm fairly organized… but a lot of stuff doesn't fit anymore! Scared to death to start over! lol I have to step over a lot! I figure it's good exercise! lol TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that should be 'thing' up there instead of think! ugh. hit publish too soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I had a lot of stuff, but you got me beat....you win....lol I need to reorganize myself-but that will have to wait until I am done spring cleaning the house....lol My craft room looks like a bomb went off the same time a glitter grenade was thrown in it-but that's OK-I'll get there soon enough. You Valentine card is super cute. Love those hearts-I have them in my stash too.
    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete