My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Change of plans!

Hi, everyone!

A slight change of plans for today.  I had originally intended to work on some Valentines after making a double batch of caramels, but learned I needed another sympathy card.

Today's card was created with Heartfelt Creations Decorative Lace Border, Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles, some ribbon & a flower from my stash.  I'm hoping this is the last sympathy card I will need for a long time!

As for the caramels.....a word of advice!  Do NOT double the recipe unless you have a HUGE pot! ha ha I had forgotten what happens when candy boils, but it didn't take me long to remember!  Needless to say, I was scrambling to divide the double batch into 2 pots & cussing myself for my stupidity!  In the end, though, the caramels were a success!  If anyone wants a really simple caramel recipe, just let me know! ha ha

Have a great Friday!!
Sherri


4 comments:

  1. Love the card, but I suppose it's not a good thing to have to keep making sympathy cards. I love the stitching holes around the edge of the oval. I always wanted to try it on a circle, but was too intimidated to give it a go. I've never had homemade caramels. I bet they're delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri
    Sorry that you are making a sympathy card but I will tell you that this is a beautiful base to create some gorgeous birthday and Valentine cards. Just love the design. Not sure how you get those perfect stitching holes around your oval!!! Caramels!! I love them but they do not love my teeth!! Have fun - hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so extremely beautiful, Sherri! I love the soft colors and those fabulous dies. The whole design is gorgeous! I love caramels, but have never made them. Your card colors remind me of caramels. Both are yummy. So sorry it had to be a sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sherri, your design is wonderful! I love all the die cuts and the piecing too. The color palette is very calming and I'm sure will be appreciated. Like the other ladies, I haven't made caramels - but I do love me some (wink).

    ReplyDelete