My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Monday, October 14, 2013

Home at last!

Hi, everyone!

It's good to be home!  I was gone last week, which explains why I didn't post.  I drove down to my daughters & we took our "girl" trip to Kansas City for the CK convention.  There were not as many vendors this year which bummed us out, but luckily we made enough stops on our "scenic" trip down that we more than made up for it!  It was a hectic, but fun trip & we even managed to hook up with a gal I had known through work, but had never met.  She & her daughter go every year too & we had dinner on Friday night with them at our favorite Mexican place in Zona Rosa. It was so much fun & I'm so glad we were able to meet & get to know each other.   Between the shopping & friends & great food, it was a really fun trip!

I didn't have much time to "play" with my goodies last night after I got home, but I did manage to make a couple of Christmas cards with some of my new dies.  (I think I can safely say that my retirement gift cards all went on new dies!)

This first card was a quick one I did with a new Memory Box die.  The sentiment was a Cheery Lynn die & the snowflake from Impression Obsession. I added glitter to the snow.

This is my favorite of the two.  And I can't explain why.  It's nothing I would ordinarily make. I used a new Spellbinder die for the matting behind the trees. The birch trees are from Memory Box and the small deer from Impression Obsession.  the pine cone & branch is from Impression Obsession also. 

Better get busy!  I'll check in with everyone later. 

Sherri 


3 comments:

  1. Now, isn't that a gorgeous poinsettia and snowflake sky on your first card! I just love how you've placed your scene on the beautiful designer paper. I, too, love the second card. It seems very warm and woodsy and friendly. I love anything nature related. It sounds like you're having a great time with retirement. It must be nice to not have to worry about getting back to the work week. I know you've been busy, but what fun busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just awesome. I'm glad you've decided to give in to your die addition. (like you had a choice). Both are gorgeous, but I am just crazy for the blue and soft browns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri, I found the same as you about the CK Convention. Not as many vendors as last year. Don't know what is happening. But I had way more fun at it this year than last...lol Your cards are just fabulous. Sounds like you had a great time with friends and family. It's always good to have some real "girl" time once and a while.
    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete