My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 25, 2013

An old fashioned Hello!

Hello!
I hope everyone is enjoying this long weekend & wherever you are the weather is good as well.  We started out with a gloomy, cloudy day, but it ended up sunny & beautiful for a change!  Somehow the sun shining always makes you feel better doesn't it?

I have a really fun & simple card to share tonite.  I bought this cute little old fashioned phone stamp a couple of weeks ago & thought it would be a cute "hello" card.  It is a Hot Off The Press stamp & was only $1.29 which made it all the cuter! lol

I pulled out some of my favorite brick red paper from my stash. I used the new border dies from Spellbinders that I am so in love with for the bottom edge & another Spellbinder die to cut out the phone.   We spend so much time emailing each other that sending actual snail mail is a lost art anymore.  My sister still sends me mail the old fashioned way & I love it! It is usually filled with clippings from her newspaper that she thinks will interest me.  I love getting those letters because I know she loves me & is thinking about me so I think this card will find it's way to her to let her know the same thing. 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.  Catch you later!

3 comments:

  1. I just love this. I love the image. I love the paper and I love, love that die (the one on the bottom). Oh my, I just love everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri, I love this card for many reasons. It is beautiful with the paper and die cuts so perfectly matched to the image, and the image, itself, is fabulous, especially at $1.29! I absolutely agree that snail mail is a dying art and I keep trying to do my small part to revive it. It is so much more personal and intimate than email. Receiving a card or letter is like receiving a gift in the mail. It's so nice to sit down with a cup of coffee and enjoy it, then display the card on a desk or table to catch a glimpse and a smile every time you walk by. I'm glad to hear you and your sister correspond by snail mail. She'll love receiving this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome card. Love the border die and the retro image.

    ReplyDelete