My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Monday, October 22, 2012

Happy Birthday, Melissa!

Hi, everyone!
Today's card is one I made for my daughter's birthday, which is today, by the way.  We celebrated yesterday since she is so far away. And next week is my grandson's 14th birthday, so this is a big month for celebrations.  Since Melissa is not a fan of "kids" as much as she loves "critters", I knew I had to do a critter card for her.  So I chose a Penny Black hedgehog.  I had some great paper from S.E.I. and I stamped the image again on some of it so I could paper piece her dress to match the background.  The die I used was one of the new Spellbinders that I am just in love with.  I like the fact you can thread your ribbons thru it.
She was colored in Prismacolor markers, of course & the ribbon is from my stash.  Happy Birthday, sweetie!

I guess I had better close so I can clean my mess a bit before the debates start up. Although I don't get political on my blog, I will say that I hope everyone will pay attention to the clear choices this year & vote for whichever candidate YOU  feel is best. At least that way, we can't complain if we don't like the outcome!

Have a great week.   I'll be back tomorrow with something new.  Catch you later!




4 comments:

  1. Sherri, I love this cute card, and her face is darling. I never think about paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I surrender to the fact that I cannot organize or manage my life. I thought her BD was the 28th. And since I am a last minute gal... no card yet!
    This card is splendid. I love the die, the paper piecing and of course your awesone coloring talents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful coloring! I had to laugh. I tell everyone that if they want the right to complain they at least had to vote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweetest, charming card ever Sherri! Love how you colored her and pieced to match the card! Adorable! love it and she will too!

    ReplyDelete