My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Break In The Weather!

Hi,

After weeks of nearly 100 degree heat, we are enjoying some almost fall-like weather right now. It is only 76 degrees outside right now & the low tonite is going to be 42 which is a record. What a strange summer we have all had.

Tonite, I'm sharing another birthday card for work.  I needed another one for next week & hopefully, this one will do the trick.  The image is from Sassy Cheryl's digi's. The paper is from Recollections & i used Lifestyle dies to cut out the circles & sentiments.




I colored it with Prismacolor markers & added some Stickles to the cupcake to add some sparkle!


One more day till the weekend! Yeaaaaa!!!  It's been a wild week.  Yesterday we had a bird caught in the wall at work. The maintenance guys got him out & released him back outside where Mom & Dad were dive bombing anyone who tried to get near him. Today we heard the chirping again & when they went back to investigate, they found a nest with 2 more birds in the wall again. When they brought the first rescued baby in to show us, he wiggled out & flew into the boss's office where they finally caught him & released him safely.  Baby number three was rescued shortly after & taken directly outside to Mom & his siblings. Needless to say, they plugged up the hole they were getting in at! 

Catch you again tomorrow with something else. 

3 comments:

  1. Very Cute, I love cupcake cards, and of course your coloring is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very dramatic sort of a day! A yummy card to share with us today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Sherri! I've been taking a little break from the computer and I've missed seeing all your fun and uplifting cards. I scrolled through to see what I've missed and it was like visiting a card shop. I always have so much fun when I come here! This one is adorable. Love this image. It's on my wish list. I'm glad to hear your baby birds turned out okay. At my house we had several that apparently fell out of their nest into the garden. The mom and dad were beside themselves for a couple of days. I never could find the nest. I had to leave for the day and I don't know what happened to the babies. Not as happy an ending as your story, I don't think.

    ReplyDelete