My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Monday, July 23, 2012

The heat continues..

The heat continues.  It was officially 103 degrees here today & according to the news report, up to 109 in some parts of town. Tomorrow will be yet another day of it.  I don't remember a summer so hot.

I have a sympathy card tonite. I made this over the weekend & still need a couple more.  It has been a hard summer in our family.

The color didn't photo well on this, but is actually brighter in person. I used a Cheery Lynn French Lattice die for the background.  The flower is Memory Box's Honey blossom Sprig & I stamped the sentiment on a Martha Stewart oval. Another Martha Stewart punch for the border & that was it.

This is the inside of the card.  I used the same sprig but cut it in black.  It was an easy card & one I hope they like.

Catch you later.

5 comments:

  1. The card is very heartwarming and beautiful. I am sorry the last month has brought such sadness.

    About that heat thing. Can you imagine welding in this? Ugh! Or how about driving 400 miles with no AC?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful and delicate, perfect for a sympathy card, but I am so sorry you have needed to make so many.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always tough to have to do sympathy cards, especially for family. this is lovely. I really like how you added the sprig in black to the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty sympathy card. I really like the lattice and punch work on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about your many losses. You've made a lovely card for sympathy. They can be very difficult.

    ReplyDelete