My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Monday, July 16, 2012

Happy Retirement

Hi everyone,
I hope your Monday was a good one & it's cool wherever you are.  We hit almost 100 again & tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer. This has been such a strange summer.

Enough of that.  Tonite's card is a retirement card for one of the guys at work. He isn't a fussy kind of guy so I kept it pretty simple.  I paper pieced the chair & umbrella with more of the Creative Imaginations 6 X 6 paper pad I used.  The stamp is from Studio G. I added some stickles to the sun to glitz it up a bit!  The circle sentiment is from Stampin Up. The corners are from an EK Success punch I have had for years.

Stay cool!  I'll catch you later with something different.

6 comments:

  1. Sherri
    I like your card and how you paper pieced your image - I still have never done that - you make it look easy. I am beginning to wonder if you are the only "gal" where you work with all the "guy" cards you make! And they're not easy to conjure up and you do it beautifully!! Your card should make a hit! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great piecing! That chair sure does look comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the paper piecing! I was wondering the same as CaroleAnn. Do you work with any women? My job is almost all women coworkers. I've been having so many cards because, like a fool, I applied to too many design teams. I had ended my final DT commitment and thought I would like to find another. I applied to about 10 hoping to get one or two. Big mistake. I got all but one so I had to turn most down after I had applied. I felt really idiotic doing that. I kept four, plus a few guest spots. I don't know how I'm going to handle it when I go back to work next week. It's been like a full-time job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work on paper piecing, I used to do that in my scrapbooks but I haven't tried it on a card. Another great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love the paper piecing you did. He will really appreciate this wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure are busy making cards for work! I love this one with the paper piecing. Great use of the old Riveting sentiment, too. I still have that set. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete