My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Friday, March 23, 2012

A "Ducky" Day...

Hi everyone,

If ever there was a "ducky" day, then I think Friday should be a hands down winner for the title!  Friday means you have made it thru another week & can relax and enjoy the weekend.  So today I have a "ducky" card to share.  I bought this cute chair stamp (Printworks Collection) last week on sale & knew exactly what I was going to do with it.  I have some Rosie's Roadshow duck stamps which are quite tiny.  I haven't used them in a long time, but knew they would fit perfectly in my new chair. I made this into a birthday card with the inside sentiment "Hope your birthday is just "ducky!" 

I stamped the chair on my background paper & shaded it with copics.  I popped the sitting duck up on pop dots & the corners are done with a Martha punch.  The doily is a Cheery Lynn oval die my daughter got me for Xmas & is one of my favorites. 

Better get busy. Lots of cards still to make so I'll catch you all later.

7 comments:

  1. Love it!! I think you have done a fabulous job! What a fantastic idea to pair the ducks with the chair...I am still laughing!
    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. I can always count on you. As for me, I havent been around too much the past two weeks but plan on getting back in the groove asap!!
    Hugs,
    Sheree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I see those ducks I just smile. They are so darn cute. I love the doily and the paper piecing. Cute, cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These ducks are so cute with the chair! Fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea for something to do with those small stamps! I love how you upholstered the chair in matching paper. Very pretty die, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Printworks and Rosie's Roadshow stamps! This is a winner hands down! My favorite chair stamp too! Adorable creating Sherri!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherri
    I love it - this card made me giggle. Love those ducks! How clever to stamp the chair on matching paper! Really nice card for the lucky recipient! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the paper piecing. The ducks are adorable. I've been taking a little break. It'll probably be another couple weeks before I get back into card making.

    ReplyDelete