My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Thanks a melon!

I took a little time yesterday to work on another thank you card for my daughter's stash. This one is a Mo Manning image. (Who doesn't adore Mo?)  I thought the melon would provide a cute play on words for her card. I colored it with copics & pencils. The paper is from DCWV.  I've been so busy with cards for work, I haven't had time for my own. And added to that is the flood stress & everything else going on right now.

 Anyone in our area is pretty much taking things a day at a time waiting to see how high the water rises each day. For those of you unfamiliar with Sioux City, we sit right on the Missouri River. There is a bridge connecting us to So. Sioux City, which is in Nebraska! That always causes a lot of confusion. Sioux City is in Iowa so how can So. Sioux City be in Nebraska! And a couple of miles from downtown you can cross another bridge & you are in So Dakota!  Because of all the heavy snowfall this winter & the heavier than normal rains this spring, the dams above us are at capacity & ready to overflow. Hence, the need to release record amounts of water which all runs downstream directly to us. The last time it flooded here was in 1952.
I got so busy rambling about the flooding, I almost forgot to post my card!  Have a safe & healthy week!

Catch you all later!

2 comments:

  1. oooohhhh no Sherri I didnt know you lived so close to the river...I hope things are well with you and those you love...I love this Mo image and your twist on words is such a brilliant idea...fantastic colouring too
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! She's a cutie! Love the colors you chose, and you colored her perfectly.

    ReplyDelete