My helper

My helper

Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Can you believe it!  I'm not posting a birthday card this time!  I thought I had better get my Father's Day card done since it is fast approaching. I already have half of his gift purchased so I'm right on track & won't have to stress out about what to get.  This year I actually have more ideas than I need!

Dad cards are not the easiest to make. At least for me. Dad is at that age where he doesn't practice his hobby of woodworking any more & has never golfed so it is hard to find an image that is the perfect fit.  I'm not sure this is it either, but I liked the idea of suggesting that he take it easy for his big day. He doesn't have a dog (lol) but we can pretend for artistic license can't we?  The image is a digi from Karen's Doodles & I colored it with pencils & gamsol . I added the leaves from a Sizzix die to try to tie in with the whole "tree" thing I had going.  I'm hoping he will like it.

Our flooding continues.  They are releasing more & more water from the dams north of us & the water is swallowing up more land & homes every day it continues.   The interstate is already closed in several spots & promises of more closures to come.  It is going to be a long & very stressful summer for thousands of people in our area, but that seems to be the case in many parts of the country right now.  I hope wherever you are, you are safe!

Tomorrow they are forecasting rain again. Cross your fingers & toes it will be light rain!
Catch you all later!  Have a great Sunday & try to stay dry if you can!

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card Sherri, I am the same when it comes to making my FIL card... Fishing that is what he used to do and carpentry but none of them seem to fit. So sorry to hear of your flooding, hope you get relief soon! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. He'll LOVE it Sherri! I love it! Beautiful coloring and what state are you in again? Some flooding around here too... I'm in Iowa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my absolute favorites. The added die cuts are perfect. and of course.. perfect coloring.

    ReplyDelete